Professional Fur Cleaning, Fur Care & Cold Storage in New York and CT
Posted on October 14 2022
Professional Fur Cleaning, Secure Cold Fur Storage, Expert Fur Repairs Pologeorgis - New York Greenwich CT location
Please note that we have recently opened a convenient location at 25 Lewis Street in Greenwich CT - Feel free to drop off / pick up your fur storage there. Professional cold storage in Greenwich CT
Pologeorgis has the largest cold storage vault in New York City. Pologeorgis has offered excellent cold storage to clients for over 60 years. Pologeorgis stores furs and stores shearling coats. You wear your fur coat to stay warm and dry throughout the long winter and we will take excellent care of your fur coat. While your fur coat is extremely durable, a fur coat needs some special attention to keep it looking and feeling soft and luxurious. Your treasured fur is not just the most useful part of your winter wardrobe but an investment and if you care for your fur coat properly it could last a lifetime. Cold fur storage is very important. Fur care is necessary for the life of your garment. Fur is organic and it is important to properly store and clean each of your fur garments. Shearling garments should also be put into cold storage. Cold storage helps to prolong the life and look of the fur. Pologeorgis offers professional fur cleaning and shearling cleaning. Pologeorgis offers expert fur repairs and fur alterations. Our cold storage vault is located at 143 West 29th Street, in New York City. Please visit http://pologeorgis.com/storage for more information regarding fur storage, fur repair, shearling coat and fur cleaning services.
Fur Cleaning - What you should know about Fur Care.
Fur Care Advice.
- If you get caught in light rain, shake out your coat to remove the rain and let it air-dry. Hang your coat on a sturdy, broad, padded hanger in a well-ventilated room with ample space around it and away from any sources of direct heat (such as a radiator). Do not use a hair dryer or any other form of direct heat on your coat. Heat will damage and dry out the fur. After the fur coat has air dried simply shake your coat out. However, if your fur coat is completely soaked through it will need immediate professional attention. In that case, bring your fur coat to the expert fur consultants at Pologeorgis Furs for proper care and conditioning. Pologeorgis Furs provides complimentary pickup and delivery in Manhattan.
Professional Fur Cleaning and Shearling Cleaning
It is important to consult a reputable furrier to have your fur coat professionally cleaned and conditioned regularly. Your mink coat may not appear to need it but your fur coat is regularly exposed to the sun, wind, rain, snow and airborne pollutants, all of which can damage and degrade the fur. Pologeorgis is an expert in professional fur cleaning as well as shearling cleaning. Pologeorgis also cleans leathers and suede garments. Regular cleaning is necessary to remove all microscopic dust, salt, makeup and perfume to keep your fur coat looking and feeling soft and beautiful. We do not recommend a dry cleaner to care for your furs. Pologeorgis fur care experts will take care of your mink coat, fox coat and shearling coat. Pologeorgis cleans Sable coats and sable jackets,
Our showroom is open for drop off at143 West 29th Street, between 6th and 7th Avenue, in New York City. One of our expert fur consultants will carefully inspect each of your fur coats, fur jackets, fur vests, and fur accessories. Pologeorgis will professionally clean and condition your furs. One of our master furriers will identify and make any necessary repairs to your furs at our on premises factory. Pologeorgis Furs meticulous attention to detail and our use of state of the art methods and materials to clean and condition your garments serves to prolong the life and luster of your fur coats. At Pologeorgis one of our experienced master furriers will:
- Inspect your fur coat and lining for any wear, stains, tears or rips.
- Hand clean your coat’s lining with special attention given to any stains found during the initial inspection.
- Your fur (mink, fox, rabbit, beaver, and shearling) will then be cleaned in a specially designed drum filled with sawdust using an environmentally friendly fur cleaning solution. This process draws oil and dirt from your fur coat while protecting the fur from damage.
- Once the tumbling process is complete the fur is either hand steamed or vacuumed using specialized machinery to remove any residue from the cleaning process.
- Finally, one of our master furriers will perform a process of glazing. Fur glazing is important for fur garments This finishing process causes the fur in your coat to fluff up and lie in one direction leaving your fur looking lustrous and vibrant.
Regular Care Tips for Fur Coats and Shearling Coats
- Be sure to hang each of your fur coats on a broad-shoulder, sturdy padded hanger with plenty of room between each garment to encourage proper air circulation.
- Fur Care Tips - Do not store your fur coat in a plastic garment bag or cover your fur in bags of any kind. Plastic bags will prevent air circulation and storing your coat in plastic will cause the pelts to eventually dry out or crack.
- Fur Storage - Do not store your fur coat in a cedar closet. Cedarwood absorbs moisture which can dry out your fur. Cedar will not protect your fur coat from dust.
- Do not store your fur coat with mothballs. Mothballs react with the moisture in the air to produce a gas which acts as a fumigant. This chemical reaction causes irreparable damage to your fur. Mothballs also leave a terrible odor which stays on your clothes
- Be sure to have small rips or tears in the fur or lining of your fur coat repaired immediately. We have a staff who are trained to hand sew fur.
- Always store your fur coat in a professional, climate controlled storage vault in the spring. Pologeorgis Furs offers secure, onsite fur, shearling and leather storage in vaults which maintain optimal temperature, humidity level and light conditions to prevent the loss of your furs natural oils and preserve the beauty and shine. Our cold storage vault is housed within our showroom.
- Experts at Pologeorgis Furs regularly clean and recondition your fur coat to remove dirt and environmental contaminants to keep your fur soft and add luster and shine. Mink coats should be cleaned every other year.
- Fur Care Tips. Avoid spraying yourself with hairspray or perfume after putting on your fur coat. Most of these products contain alcohol and can dry fur pelts and stiffen fur over time.
- Do not leave jewelry permanently pinned to your fur coat or wear a shoulder bag for too long to avoid matting the fur.
Entrust your precious furs to the master furriers at Pologeorgis to clean, repair and store your fur coats and you will be sure to enjoy your treasured furs for a lifetime. For more information on our full suite of storage and cleaning services, please call 212.563.2250 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Pologeorgis Greenwich can accept fur storage. Pologeorgis Greenwich CT 25 Lewis Street